BCSA Aims and Objectives
The specific aims and objectives of The Budgerigar Council of South Australia (BCSA) are clearly defined in the constitution of the organisation. In point form, those BCSA aims and objectives are as follows:
- Promote, encourage and stimulate the breeding and exhibiting of budgerigars, including the improvement of existing varieties, and the development of new.
- Furthermore, to serve as the State Council for Budgerigars in South Australia (including Broken Hill).
- In addition, to cooperate with other governing bodies interested in budgerigars, here in Australia, and abroad.
- Above all, to affiliate with and act as the South Australian member body of the Australian National Budgerigar Council (ANBC).
- In addition, to invite and encourage membership of Affiliate and Associate Organisations interested in the breeding and exhibiting of budgerigars.
- In particular, to use The Standard of Perfection for the exhibition budgerigar as set by the ANBC.
- Establish, maintain and recommend uniform rules for all shows and exhibitions held by the Council and its Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- Equally important, to establish a panel of judges who are able to judge these shows.
- Accept a code of ethics for judges.
- Ratify recommendations received from the panel of judges.
- Recommend and / or co-ordinate on any matter deemed to be of common interest to Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- Obtain direction and/or instruction from Affiliate and Associate Organisations on ANBC matters through their BCSA delegates.
- Hold an annual pre-selection show to select a team to represent South Australia at the ANBC Championship Show.
- Host the ANBC Championship Show when required.
- Compile annually a register of show and meeting dates of all participating Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- Establish and maintain an exhibitor status register for all financial individual members or partnerships.
- To do all such other things as may be incidental to the attainment of such objects.
Visit The Budgerigar Council of South Australia
Furthermore, follow the Budgerigar Council of South Australia (BCSA) on social media, and engage with our community by visiting our Facebook page. You can find out more about our aims and objectives here.