Melton Budgie Auction 2023
The Melton & District Budgerigar Society will be holding their Melton Budgie Auction 2023 on Saturday the 8th of July at Melton Catholic Regional College, 109 – 141 Bullmans Road, Melton West, VIC 3337. As in previous years, Melton has pulled together a stellar line up of budgies. Viewing from 9 AM to 10 AM, with Auction commencing at 10 AM. Registration for Online Bidding is via Carmel Cricelli on 0400966738, or email [email protected].
Online, pre-bidding is available using the link: Bird Auctions Australia Catalogue Grid (bidsonline.com.au)
The full second version of the catalogue, including comments, can be viewed at Melton Auction Catalogue 2023 V2
Melton & District Budgerigar Society Terms & Conditions
1. The auction will be run in accordance with The Budgerigar Council of Victoria Inc. Code of Practice for Budgerigar Sales and Auctions.
2. A 2% Buyers Premium applies to all bird lots purchased at this auction. This will be payable at the conclusion of the auction when final accounts are settled.
3. The sale is an unreserved auction of birds listed in the catalogue, some alterations may also be included and will be advised by The Auctioneer
4. All lots will be submitted in the order in which they appear in the catalogue.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or refuse any bid on birds without having to state any reason or reasons thereof.
6. Note NO SMOKING applies inside the auction hall.
7. Carry cages will not be allowed into the main body of the auction hall until the conclusion of the auction.
8. The Melton & District Budgerigar Society act as an agent only in respect of the goods to be auctioned and are not responsible for any faults or defects in any lot.
9. All statements in the catalogue or attached to the show cages as to the sex, colour, variety, origin, age, genuineness, provenance and condition of any lot in which they may be interested.
10. Each person wishing to bid will be required to register prior to the auction. The registration will require your name, address, contact phone number and signature.
11. Absent and/or online bidders will be required to fill out a registration form before they can participate in bidding. The registration will require contact and credit card details. Registration for online bidding will be at the Society’s discretion.
12. Each registered person will receive a bidder’s number. This number will be required to purchase any lots and must be shown to the Auctioneer after the fall of the hammer for completion of your purchasers receipt. All bidder number paddles need to be returned at the completion of the auction.
13. Each lot will be sold to the highest bidder.
14. After the fall of the hammer no party will be allowed to retract his or her bid, and subject to the vendor having the right to bid, the highest bidder shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute arising, the lot in dispute shall be put up again and the auctioneer’s decision shall be final.
15. On the fall of the hammer, each lot shall be at the purchaser’s risk of expense. All conditions and warranties expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded as all lots are open for inspection prior to the commencement of the sale. The same are sold with all faults, if any, therefore no compensation shall be made in respect of any fault or imperfection or error of description of any lots sold.
16. Any bird passed in will be held over until all other lots are completed, it will then be re-auctioned. If the lot is passed in again it will be returned to the owner.
17. The sale shall be paid for on conclusion of the auction. Until payment in full of the purchase price is made, the property in the lot shall not pass to the purchaser.
18. Interstate and/or online purchasers may be able to collect their purchases prior to completion of the auction with prior arrangements. Proof of payment will be required.
19. Preferred payment method for goods purchased on the day is by CASH or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit card processing fee may apply TBC, PROOF OF PAYMENT WILL BE REQUIRED). If any successful bidder shall fail to pay for their purchases on the day, the vendor or his agent have the right to resell the lot in any manner they think proper.
20. At the end of the auction each successful purchaser of lots will be required to take their purchases with them. They shall proceed to the payment table where they shall pay the purchase price plus the 2% buyers premium and be given a receipt. This receipt will be proof of payment received and required for collection of the goods purchased.
21. Purchasers are required to take a carry box/cage and their receipt to the collection point, where, upon production of receipt, the collection steward will gather the show cages containing any purchased lots.
22. Neither the vendor, the auctioneer nor any of the stewards will be touching the birds once they are sold. It will be the responsibility of each purchaser to handle their own on collection and transfer them to their own caging facility.
23. Show cages are not included in the purchase price and are not for sale.
24. The Melton & District Budgerigar Society will attempt to pay vendors who are in attendance on the day at the conclusion of the sale by cash or club cheque. Purchases made by any vendors will be used as offsets at this time. Any additional outstanding payments shall be made by Electronic Funds Transfer or club cheque after the event at a time deemed acceptable and appropriate. Payment to the vendors will be less a commission of 10%, as agreed with the Melton & District Budgerigar Society.
25. While attendees are not permitted to move show cages or poke the birds with any object, one of the following club representatives will be able to assist with viewing the birds as required: Ian Hunter, Steve Grech, Hedra Kamel, Patrick Vella.
For any further clarity or details surrounding these Terms & Conditions or the auction in general please contact the Auction Manager: Hedra Kamel (email: [email protected] – Mobile: 0401751050).